Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Ol stomping grounds

I went out to El Franco yesterday to find my "Chi"... Well there was a little action there. I heard that this past weekend was where all the birds were... According to Stephan major fallout occurred this past weekend. That wasn't the case yesterday but I did catch a few stragglers and added one bird.

First I was able to catch a Tennessee and a Orchard Oriole hanging around the beginning of the trail...

I continued down and the usual Eastern Kingbirds hung around like usual and then I found another flock. In this flock of birds was the Carolina Chickadee, Red Eyed Vireo, Tennessee Warbler, and a Blackburnian warbler (new one for the year).

Blackburnian Warlber, Photo by Shaun Owen
 That ended my trip... It was nice to get out and the weather was wonderful. This weekend is the 1st annual Pasadena Birding Adventure so hopefully we will get some nice warblers and a bunch of species. Until next time, Happy Birding!

Current Moderate Year Count - 170 Species
Recently Added - Blackburnian Warbler

No comments:

Post a Comment