Thursday, April 5, 2012

The new lens...

I know I haven't written much lately but I was waiting for this... The unveiling of the best. The Sigma 150-500mm lens. This is a beast. I went out yesterday to try for the first time and it was awesome. I really enjoyed every minute of it. I just went to the regular old spot and was able to get this picture from about 150 yards away. This is slightly cropped. This is handheld with the OS.
Ring Necked Duck, Photo by Shaun Owen
After getting the feel for the lens I was able to produce some more great images. The bokeh on this lens is amazing. I was able to snap a few of a Carolina Chickadee. This one was a bit closer but the detail is awesome.
Carolina Chickadee, Photo by Shaun Owen
Carolina Chickadee, Photo by Shaun Owen
Note the spider web in the top of the picture. This thing just amazes me. The plan for the weekend are more trips around the Houston area. I should have a larger repertoire by the end of the 4 day weekend. Until then Happy birding!!!

No new birds. Just a new lens :)

No comments:

Post a Comment