Saturday, February 11, 2012

The first...

After reading some blogs and starting my "moderate year" I decided to join in... We'll see how this goes as I am not the type to... well, type. No worries, here's my best shot.

My wonderful girlfriend has helped my passion by giving me a curse. A camera. It's a curse because all I want to do is shoot birds. Figuratively speaking of course. My technique has gotten much better. Here is one of the first few shots...
Carolina Chickadee
Of course it's of the common Carolina Chicka-dee-dee-dee. These guys are very common around the Houston area. After some of my students started to see my shots they gave me some pointers. (It's wonderful how much your students can TEACH YOU.) Here are some newer shots...
Say's Phoebe
Ruby Crowned Kinglet
You can see these and more of my progress on my Google+ page. Happy Birding!

Moderate Year Count - 92 Species

No comments:

Post a Comment