Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Adding the usuals...

Grandma's house has a plethora of birds. Now they really aren't anything spectacular but they are still countable birds. So I decided to sit out and watch a few perch and eat off of her feeder. Had to scare away the squirrel a few times but finally got him to stay away. It is funny to see this never ending battle between Grandma vs. Squirrel - Good vs. Evil. I feel many birders that set up feeders have this constant battle and most of the time the squirrel wins.

I did finally get some birds a few feet away from me which allows for some good pictures.
House Sparrow
White winged Dove
So here I was able to add two new birds just sitting there. I had seen them previously but just figured I'd add them at a later date. Well a new post will show up later this week. I have already gone birding since then but I'll post that trip in a different blog post. Until then Happy Birding.

Current Moderate Year Count - 111 Species
Recently added - White winged dove, House Sparrow

No comments:

Post a Comment