Thursday, March 15, 2012

North Houston

I needed to take Meghan to the airport so I decided to take advantage of the trip up north for a little birding. It worked out to my advantage.

I went to an arboretum and nature center near Bush Intercontinental Airport and that place was noisy! Tons of birds and for a Thursday afternoon the actual nature walk wasn't that crowded. I was able to sit and see an Eastern Box turtle and tons of birds including an American Pipit. (new bird)

The entrance of the nature center has some wonderful flowers. They even have a natural wildflower center. It was wonderful.
Well when I started walking around I didn't get fifteen feet away from the main area when the birds were calling. I was able to get a good picture of this guy. I thought I had him earlier in the year but now I definitely have him on my list.
Orange Crowned Warbler
This is a good picture that I really enjoy. Each time I look at it all I can think to myself is, "What does that bird think when he looks back at me?" I was also able to get a Pine Warbler. This one isn't as good of a picture but he's definitely there.

Pine Warbler
Tomorrow the plan is to get up early and take a trip out so I can be back before lunch and I will have a full new blog to update and hopefully a ton new birds. So until then, Happy Birding!

Current Moderate Year count - 117
Recently Added Species - American Pipit, Orange Crowned Warbler, Pine Warbler

No comments:

Post a Comment