Thursday, March 1, 2012

It's been a while...

Yes I have realized it has been a while... Now it is eating me up. I really want to go bird ALL the time! It is hard not to drop everything and just go.

Two things have stopped me from going out birding. Work! I have had tons to do. Secondly, rain. It has been nasty around here. In order to get the best pictures it's hard to go out when it is rainy. Plus I would rather not mess up my camera.

Back to birding...

Some roadside birding allowed me to add a bird to the list. On my way home from work I noticed a flock of cattle egrets. Thats a new one on the list... No picture though... :(

I went out to El Franco Lee today and was able to see... well not much. Here's usually the start of my walk.
I walked down the path and was able to get a look at a noisy Loggerhead and few active Phoebes. I also saw a common yellowthroat but couldn't seem to get a picture of them. They are very quick and shy.

Loggerhead Shrike
Eastern Phoebe with a meal
I went back to the gazebo and got a few good pictures of a black crowned night heron. Their red eyes are very cool against a black head.
Black Crowned Night Heron
Same Picture just not cropped
This weekend I am taking students to participate in a dune restoration project in Galveston. I hope I can add a few birds to my list. Who knows? Maybe if I'm lucky. Until next time happy birding!

Current Moderate Year Count - 103
Recently Added - Cattle Egret

No comments:

Post a Comment